Thursday, April 15, 2010

What I ate yesterday:

People often ask me what I and the kids eat in a day so once a week or so I will blog what I eat in a day... and no I won't choose the days I am being "good" it will be random I promise!

Thursday Menu:

Breakfast:
Smoothie of banana, tahini, orange juice, goji berries, frozen berries and honey and almond milk.

Snack:
Organic Ryvitas (from Woolies) with macadamia nut butter and a grinding of sea salt.
Big glass of sring water

Lunch:
Brown Basmati rice (which I put on in the morning in my slowcooker with some organic veg salt and filtered water, after I had soaked it the night before) with chopped avo, baby organic tomatoes, flaked tuna bits and some left over cooked carrots from the night before.
Over this I poured some Tamari sauce (which is basically wheat free soya sauce ) and olive oil.

Also a glass of carrot juice for me and for the kids carrot, pine and apple juice.

My one child had to take a lunchbox to afternoon classes in this was:
1 banana, 2 ricecakes with marmite and tahini, 2 raw coconut sprout biscuits (from Wellness warehouse) with some St Dalfour rasberry Jam inbetween (this jam is sugar free and delicious)

Myself and the little one went to Kauai in the afternoon and he had a dairy free "C monster" smoothie and I had a carrot, ginger and orange juice.

Supper
Rice Pasta and tomato sauce (which was made up of 1 tin organic tomatoes from woolies, 1/2jar organic tom puree, 2 Tbs Mary-Ann's stock, 1 tsp Mary Ann garlic powder, 1 tsp Mary-Ann seasoning) once cooked we put a Tbs of organic cream into the pasta bowls those of us who are not totally dairy allergic. (For myself and my husband we had a small amount of cheese ontop , because I have it left over from entertaining last weekend - not healthy at all....but SO delicious.

Ok that was it...... definitely not enough salad on this day, but today will be better!

No comments:

Post a Comment